They have been unveiled the finalists and i winners of the 2017 Academy of Perfume Prize, now in its 28th edition. The title was assigned the May 3, 2017 at the Museo della Permanente in Milan.
Who won the best perfume year 2017?
- The winning female fragrance is Narcissus Eau de parfum Poudrée Narciso Rodriguez .
- The masculine winning fragrance is Man Black Orient Bulgari .
It was a Consumer Jury to choose the perfumes for women and men who got on the podium. Let’s find out all the finalists and the winners ranking.
BEST FRAGRANCE CATEGORIES 2017
There are 7 categories competing for the best perfume of the year – Feminine and masculine:
- best olfactory creation – men’s perfume and women’s perfume;
- best perfume made in Italy – feminine and masculine;
- best packaging – feminine and masculine;
- best perfume exclusive big brand collection – without gender;
- best perfume artistic perfumery – without gender chosen by a Technical Jury;
- better communication – feminine and masculine scent chosen by a VIP Jury.
They are part of the best perfume collection exclusive category big brand the perfumes of producing / distributing companies with business expanded to other sectors and distribution in up to 300 stores. In the best perfume category artistic perfumery the fragrances of manufacturing / distributing companies fall instead with a business dedicated only to perfume and distribution in up to 300 points of sale. News in the voting for the best olfactory creation that, in all the different steps (from the identification of the finalists to the winners), are chosen in blinds.
THE FINALISTS BEST FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR 2017
The two main categories are the fragrances for Her and the fragrances for Him. For each Academy of Perfume has identified the 10 finalists .
BEST WOMAN PROFILE 2017
here are the female perfumes finalists with the relative distributor and the teacher:
- Bulgari Rose Goldea (Bulgari Italia, Firmenich);
- Chanel N ° 5 L’Eau (Chanel, Chanel);
- Chloé Fleur de Parfum (Coty Italia, Robertet);
- Dior Poison Girl (LVMH Italy, François Demachy);
- Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Coty Italy, Givaudan);
- Michael Kors Wonderlust (The Estée Lauder Companies Italia, Firmenich);
- Narciso Rodriguez Narcissus Eau de Parfum Poudrée (Beauté Prestige International, Givaudan);
- Prada La Femme (Puig Italia, Givaudan);
- Salvatore Ferragamo Mysterious Miss (Ferragamo Parfums, IFF);
- Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris (L’Oréal Italia Luxe, Firmenich).
BEST MEN’S PERFUME 2017
here are the men’s perfumes finalists with the relative distributor and the teacher:
- Bulgari Man (Black Orient Bulgari Italia, Firmenich);
- Cartier L’Envol (Richemont, Mathilde Laurent);
- Collistar Vetiver Forte (Collistar, Givaudan);
- Giorgio Armani Code Perfume (Helena Rubinstein, Givaudan);
- Prada L’Homme (Puig Italia, Givaudan);
- Roberto Cavalli Man (Coty Italia, Firmenich);
- Salvatore Ferragamo Man (Ferragamo Parfums, Firmenich);
- Trussardi Uomo The Red (ITF, Firmenich).
THE JURIES OF THE BEST PERFUMES OF THE YEAR
Three juries had the task of voting for perfumes competing to identify the best perfume for men 2017 , the best perfume women 2017 and the other expected prizes. Here’s how the votes, times and procedures were held.
From January 23, 2017 to April 13, 2017 anyone who could vote to elect the best perfume of the year through different channels: the mini site dedicated to the competition, the Facebook page of Accademia del Profumo e the app Academy of Perfume.
It was also possible to vote in one of the more 800 perfumeries of Italy adhering to the initiative with the “squilla e vinci” flyer and during the Cosmoprof Worldwide fair. All the consumers who took part in the voting on the various channels participated at the instant win to win one of the 100 finalist perfumes up for grabs.
They were part of the different technical jury industry experts : Members of the Perfume Academy Directive Commission, 8 beauty editor / blogger, 8 retail exponents.
The VIP jury saw the participation of characters from the entertainment world , design, culture, chefs and sportsmen. In particular: Pino Insegno (actor), Cristina Borra (deejay RTL), Catrinel Marlon (actress), Filippa Lagerback (presenter), Davide Oldani (chef), Valentina Lodovini (actress) and Patricia Viel (architect). Their task was to elect the winners of the best communication category.
The presenter of the evening also took part in this special committee. Giorgia Surina , actress and television and radio host.
SPECIAL PRIZE BEST SALES RESULTS
This year has been awarded a special prize, reserved for the creator of the perfume that, in 2016, has obtained the best sales results in the first 6 months since its launch on the Italian market. To win was Olivier Polge , nose perfumer of Chanel, with the perfume Chanel N ° 5 L’Eau , the reinterpretation of the historical fragrance of the French fashion house.
BEST PERFUMES 2017: ALL THE WINNERS
- Best perfume woman of the year 2017 (jury consumers): Narcissus Eau de parfum Poudrée Narciso Rodriguez.
- Best perfume man of the year 2017 (jury consumers): Man Black Orient Bulgari .
- Best feminine olfactory creation (technical jury): Dsquared2 Want Pink Ginger .
- Best male olfactory creation (technical jury): Jean Paul Gaultier The Evil Essence de Parfum .
- Best women’s perfume Made in Italy (technical jury): Salvatore Ferragamo Mysterious Miss .
- Best perfume for men Made in Italy (technical jury): Parma Water Cologne Quercia .
- Best female perfume packaging (technical jury): Alexander McQueen Parfum .
- Best male perfume packaging (technical jury): Cartier L’Envol .
- Best perfume exclusive big brand collection (technical jury): Tom Ford Soleil Blanc .
- Best perfume for artistic perfumery (technical jury): Aerin Tangier Vanille .
- Best communication for women’s perfumes (VIP jury): N ° 5 Eau Chanel .
- Best communication for men’s perfumes (VIP jury): Guilty for Him Gucci .
” The awards given each year by Accademia del Profumo want to reward innovation and innovation creative proposal of the new fragrances launched on the Italian market »Commented his president, Luciano Bertinelli . ” From 2017, two different categories have been introduced that take into account the business characteristics of distributed brands »Explained Bertinelli. The aim is to make the evaluation of distribution fragrances even more equitable and homogeneous
exclusive or limited. These new categories are: the best perfume collection exclusive big brand and the best perfume artistic perfume.
«The Accademia del Profumo Award is now an unmissable appointment for operators in the sector. Every year – Luciano Bertinelli has always emphasized – initiatives and activities aimed at the public allow an ever greater diffusion of the culture of perfume in Italy: this is the true mission of our initiative ».
Recall that Accademia del Profumo was founded in 1990 with the aim of enhancing the fragrance as an essential element of well-being, promoting its creativity, increasing its culture and its diffusion in Italy.
WHICH PERFUME WILL YOU CHOOSE?
Now that we know the best perfume of the year 2017 and the ranking with all the results we ask you what you think. Would you have chosen the perfumes that were elected? Let us know your opinions leaving a comment!
Photo credit: shutterstock.com